Thursday, March 03, 2005

Be Careful What You Wish For

Earlier this term, I wrote this op-ed, "Now that the Dust has Settled," on the need for more debate on the Dartmouth campus. Apparently I'm getting what I asked for. A column I wrote for the D two weeks ago, "Bonfire of the Inanities," garnered this response, "Far from 'Ridiculous,'" in the D, and this post on Dartlog. Now, the column I wrote for Tuesday's paper, "Condi, Who are You Wearing?", merited a full column response in today's paper, "Condoleezza Can Take the Heat," by Peter Gray '07. It has also prompted this (more positive) response on Joe's Dartblog. And let's not forget this response on The Dartmouth Observer to my first column this term, "There's Something About Harry." It almost makes one miss The Smarter Dartmouth.

Who knew I was so controversial? As much as I dislike the slightly personal tone of many of the responses, I'm glad to be generating debate. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be like the doyenne of snarky feminist columnists, dear Maureen Dowd, and generate this level of response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home