Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hey Maureen, I'm Over Here!!!

In Maureen Dowd's column in the Times today, Dish It Out, Ladies, she discusses the difficultly women have both in writing tough columns and in being taken seriously while doing so. She laments the fact that she is seen as a "castrater," not a serious pundit. She also calls for more women writers on the op-ed pages of both our national and college newspapers. As one of the few women columnists for the D, I sympathesize with what she says, especially since it seems like the female columnists come under attack more often. But I also understand that criticism is generally because of what I say, not my gender.

Although if Ms. Dowd would like to "find and nuture" this struggling op-ed columnist, I wouldn't be adverse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home