Thursday, April 28, 2005

The REAL reason to be Anti-Bush

Thanks to an American friend studying abroad in Edinburgh, this article, U.S. Foreign Policy Hurting American Students' Chances Of Getting Laid Abroad, via The Onion. While tongue in check, there is some truth to what it says. While I was in Scotland, none of the European students I met had any qualms questioning me about my politics, regardless of where we were. It was completely acceptable to ask who I voted for, what I thought of the Administration, and if all Americans were crazy. And while it didn't interfere with my social life, this is not the type of article the Off-Campus Programs office necessarily wants making the rounds.

Also, via Fartlog, apparently members of certain political minorities have the same problem when they venture far from home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home